By Laura Janelle Downey
The other night when I was having dinner at Babalu Tapas & Tacos, a young lady was getting up from her table (located directly next to mine) to leave with her male friend. As they were walking away, I noticed her turn around and walk back toward her table. But when she got closer, she didn’t return to her table, she walked up to mine and said, “I couldn’t leave without telling you that your skin is so pretty. What do you use on your face?” I smiled and told her it’s all in the genes! My mom is Indian and my dad is African-American—a combo I most certainly lucked out with. But while there, I also mentioned a few of the key products that I use.
If you’re in need of a glow, below is a list of my top five go-tos.
- Drink plenty of water and say no to sodas, juices, alcohol, and most sweets.
- Don’t cake makeup on your face. Let your face breathe.
- Wash your face with Dove’s gentle exfoliating “beauty bar for renewed skin.” It has a moisturizing cream component, which helps make my face feel nice and soft.
- Use OXY’s cleansing pads. It works daily to prevent acne. Each morning, I use one to wipe off my face. If you could only see the gunk that settles on it! It’s gross. Take care of it with one swipe of the pad!
- Moisturize with Estée Lauder’s DayWear. I massage a few dabs of the multiprotection antioxidant creme into my face and I’m good to go for the day. The luxe product also comes with SPF 15. It’s perfect for daily protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays.