16,000 + Runners/Walkers and Over 400 Companies Enjoy Fun, Fitness & Company Friendship
Thursday, September 22, 6:30 p.m.
Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk
Calling all runners, walkers and joggers and everybody who likes to move in a fun atmosphere. If you’re looking for a great way to improve your fitness, bond with your fellow co-workers or meet new friends, join the largest organized corporate fitness event in the Southeast: Atlanta’s 2016 Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk & Fitness Program.
Under the leadership of U.S. Olympian and America’s running coach Jeff Galloway, this workplace-organized fitness program has become a beloved annual tradition in the Atlanta business community since its start in 1983.
The 2016 event will continue to be among the most talked-about events of the year. This year’s 5K Corporate Run/Walk & Company Party takes place Thursday, September 22, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Downtown Atlanta at Turner Field.
A unique eight-week training program, starting July 25, 2016, for registered participants features:
- Walking and running training schedules from Jeff Galloway for beginners and seasoned walkers and runners.
- Ongoing weekday walks and runs with pace groups at Phidippides stores, Atlanta’s premier running/walking specialty stores (Wednesdays at 6:15 p.m. in Sandy Springs, Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at Ansley Mall and Saturdays at 8:00 a.m. at Ansley Mall).
- Kaiser Permanente Boot Camp starting on Saturday, August 6, 2016.
2016 KPCRW Boot Camp Dates
Boot camp* is held on the oval in the center of Piedmont Park on these dates:
Saturday, August 6
Saturday, August 13
Saturday, August 20
Saturday, August 27 (skip Saturday, September 3 – Labor Day weekend)
Saturday, September 10
Saturday, September 17
*The program is limited to 500 participants.
The boot camp will run from 7 to 8 a.m. at the Piedmont Park Athletic Field and will be led by celebrity fitness instructor Tammie Leady. Paid parking is in the SAGE parking deck— participants are encouraged to carpool, use MARTA, walk or bike to the activity if possible. Other program highlights include:
- LA Fitness complimentary 3-week pass
- Fitness and nutrition tips emailed weekly
- Discount coupons on fitness items and services
The Main Event—September 22, 2016
Here’s what to expect on race day:
- 5K (3.1 miles) run/walk winding through the streets of Downtown Atlanta, with thousands of participants and spectators celebrating the day
- Personalized bibs and electronic race timing
- Access to the popular Best Self Atlanta Health & Fitness
- Expo,where numerous companies exhibit their products and services
- Interactive Zone with games, nutrition tips, entertainment
- and more
- A Finish Line Celebration, commemorative 2016 race T-shirt, photo option to pose for team and candid photos, live music by The Rupert’s Orchestra and a spectacular awards ceremony
- The “World’s Largest Office Party” with company teams consisting of employees, family and friends gathering under illuminated tents for hundreds of picnics and a good time
- (Individuals who may not have a company team are encouraged to register and will have the option of purchasing a boxed dinner from Jason’s Deli at registration.)
- Corporate Can Contest benefiting the Atlanta Community Food Bank, Back on My Feet and the Atlanta Braves Foundation (Greystone Funding Corporation is the reigning champion and challenger—donating 20,000 pounds of food!)
Separate, monitored start areas will be available for elite runners, CEOs, runners/joggers and walkers.
Seeded runners must include a qualifying event on the registration form, and elite-category runners must submit official 2015–2016 documentation for qualifying times.
- Open Men –6 minutes/mile
- Open Women –7 minutes/mile
- Masters Men (40+) –6:15 minutes/mile
- Masters Women (40+) –7:15 minutes/mile
Awards will be given to the top Overall and Masters Men and Women, fastest team times, highest overall participation and the winner of the T-shirt design contest. CEO Cups will be presented to the fastest male and female CEOs. The Kaiser Permanente Corporate Cup is presented to Atlanta’s “Most Fit” companies in four categories, based on the number of full-time employees. Participation awards are also given to companies in each of 38 industry categories.
Celebrate with KAISER PERMANENTE another successful year and be part of the 2016 KPCRW.