Calling all runners, walkers and joggers and everybody who likes to move in a fun atmosphere. If you’re looking for a great way to improve your fitness, build a bond with your fellow co-workers or meet new friends, join the largest organized corporate fitness event in the Southeast: Atlanta’s 2015 Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk & Fitness Program.
Under the leadership of U.S. Olympian and America’s running coach Jeff Galloway, this workplace-organized fitness program has become an annual, beloved tradition in the Atlanta business community since its start in 1983. Coinciding with the 30th anniversary of Kaiser Permanente in Georgia, the 2015 event is looking to be even more spectacular than in the past. This year’s 5K Corporate Run/Walk & Company Party takes place Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in Downtown Atlanta.
A unique 8-week training program for registered participants, featuring:
- Walking and running training schedules from Jeff Galloway for beginners and seasoned walkers and runners.
- Ongoing weekday walks and runs with pace groups at Phidippides stores, Atlanta’s premier running/walking specialty stores (Wednesdays at 6:15 p.m. in Sandy Springs, Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at Ansley Mall and Saturdays at 7:30 a.m. at Ansley Mall).
- Saturday morning running and walking training program with pace groups – Begins August 1, 8 a.m., Phidippides-Ansley Mall.
- Kaiser Permanente Boot Camp on Saturday, August 8, 15, 22, 29 and Saturday, September 12 and 19 (limited to 500 participants) – The boot camp will begin at 7 a.m. at the Piedmont Park Athletic Field and end at 8 a.m. Celebrity Fitness Tammie Leady will lead the KPCRW boot camp. Paid parking is in the SAGE parking deck, and participants are encouraged to carpool, use MARTA, walk or bike to the activity if possible.
- Fitness and nutrition tips e-mailed weekly.
- Discount coupons on fitness items and services.
- Complimentary, personalized 30-Day Workout Fitness Pass to all LA Fitness area locations. Kick-start the training program at your own pace.
The Main Event: September 24
Here’s what to expect on race day:
- The 5K (3.1 miles) run/walk winds through the streets of Downtown Atlanta, with thousands of participants and spectators celebrating the day.
- Access to the popular Best Self Atlanta Health & Fitness Expo, in which numerous companies exhibit their products and services.
- A Finish Line celebration where participants receive the 2015 commemorative T-shirt, pose for team and candid photos, enjoy live music by The Rupert’s Orchestra and attend the awards ceremony.
- The “World’s Largest Office Party” with company teams consisting of employees, family and friends gathering under illuminated tents for hundreds of picnics and a good time. (Individuals who may not have a company team are encouraged to register and will have the option of purchasing a boxed dinner from Jason’s Deli at registration.)
- Corporate Can Contest benefiting the Atlanta Community Food Bank, Back on My Feet and the Atlanta Braves Foundation. Greystone Funding Corporation is the reigning champion and challenger, donating 20,000 pounds of food!
There will be separate, monitored start areas for elite runners, CEOs, runners/joggers and walkers.
Seeded runners must include a qualifying event on the registration form, and elite category runners must submit official 2014 – 2015 documentation for qualifying times.
- Open Men – 6 minutes/mile
- Open Women – 7 minutes/mile
- Masters Men (40 +) – 6:15 minutes/mile
- Masters Women (40 +) – 7:15 minutes/mile
Awards will be given to the top Overall and Masters Men and Women, fastest team times, highest overall participation and the winner of the T-shirt design contest. CEO Cups will be awarded to the fastest male and female CEOs. The Kaiser Permanente Corporate Cup is presented to Atlanta’s “Most Fit” companies in four categories, based on the number of full-time employees. Participation awards are also given to companies in each of 38 industry categories.
Racing for 32 Years
Jerry Dubner has participated in the KP Corporate Run/Walk with his PricewaterhouseCoopers team for 32 years – since 1984! Hear what this KP race veteran thinks about all aspects of the event:
On his team’s improved physical fitness: “We have seen a number of employees who have participated in the event as walkers in the past who are now runners.”
On one of the best parts of the race: “Free food!”
On his most memorable KP event: “Two years ago, I participated in the event after being diagnosed (and cured) of lung cancer the year before. It meant a lot to me to be able to continue to participate.”
How do I sign up?
Visit www.kpcorporaterunwalk.com or call (404) 843-8727. Follow the program on Facebook and Twitter.