For his first installment, Chef Patria shows us how to whip up Grilled Scottish Salmon with Warm Quinoa and Spring Vegetable Salad and Chimichurri.
“I really enjoy grilled salmon because it’s not only a very healthy protein, but it’s also hearty and filling. This is also why I enjoy pairing it with the bright flavors of the fresh vegetables and quinoa, as the flavors really balance each other out. The Chimichurri is an added bonus that injects a beautiful, herbaceous brightness,” says Patria.
Grilled Scottish Salmon Recipe with Warm Quinoa and Spring Vegetable Salad and Chimichurri
- 5-ounce Scottish salmon
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup sliced green zucchini
- 1/3 cup sliced snap peas
- 1 teaspoon Sliced Calabrian chilis
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Chimichurri
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees
- While grill is heating, heat small to medium sauté pan over medium-high heat
- Add olive oil to the warm pan
- Add Calabrian chilis and gently toast
- Add remaining vegetables
- Quickly sauté
- Add quinoa
- Toss until warm
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside
Place salmon on grill and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, being sure to turn to create grill marks.
Remove salmon from grill and place on a cooling rack.
Gently tear the fresh mint leaves and fold them into the warm quinoa and vegetable mixture
Spoon warm quinoa on a plate.
Gently rest the grilled salmon on the warm quinoa salad.
Drizzle with Chimichurri.
Details: 75 14th St NE, Atlanta; FourSeasons.com/Atlanta