Thank you to the Best Self community for making what many thought was impossible, not only possible, but amazing!
Ten years ago when we started Best Self, the economy was in shambles and print magazines were considered “dead.” The odds were stacked against us.
So, why has it worked? Best Self Atlanta has been a success because there is a strong community of like-minded Atlantans who believe in authenticity, positivity and kindness. These readers, followers, and business owners support each other and dedicate each day to inspiring and helping others live their best life. And our community continues to grow. What started with a little magazine has grown to reach hundreds of thousands through our website, e-newsletter, social media, contests, events, and our ever-expanding ambassador program.
We look forward to celebrating our 10-year anniversary in August with a Party on the Patio at Big Sky Buckhead. We will be having fun and raising money for Development in Gardening (DIG). After a recent trip to South Africa, I was introduced to this charity through my good friends Mitchell Anderson and Richie Arpino. Come join Best Self for the opportunity to “dig deep” and give back to those in need. To receive your invitation, sign up for our newsletter at BestSelfAtlanta.com.
My Best List – A Gift from South Africa
While in South Africa, I visited A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines (AABadenhorst.com), the most amazing family-owned-and-operated winery. In fact, it was my favorite destination of our trip. Semma Badenhorst was kind enough to allow me to share a couple of amazing treats from that visit.
Homemade Healthy Seed Crackers – Seriously Awesome!
• 200 grams sunflower seeds
• 60 grams flax seeds
• 100 grams sesame seeds Directions
• 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
• 500 milliliters water
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• Preheat the oven to 350 F.
• In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and leave mixture to stand for approximately 10 minutes until it is thick and pliable (like a crunchy dough).
• Spread the mixture as thinly as possible on a silicone mat on a baking tray. The mix should have no holes in it.
• Bake for approximately one hour. Rotate every 15 to 20 minutes until crispy.
• Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, cut them into any size you like. They will keep well in an airtight container.
•Pair with the Secateurs Chenin Blanc by A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines, your favorite goat cheese, and enjoy!
Here are some of the local retailers that carry this refreshing vino brand. Savi Provisions Buckhead, Jax Fine Wines And Spirits, Citi Wine & Spirits, Green’s Discount Beverages.